Hello and welcome to our special series of Green Elephant interviews during March 2021, supporting the annual B Corps month.
B Corporations, or B Corps for short, are businesses that meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose
Throughout March, we are chatting with key people in companies which have chosen to certify as B Corps and become a Force for Good.
00:32 Interview with Robbie Hearn from Standing On Giants
- 01:15 Community is a broadly defined word
- 01:54 Community is…
- 02:09 Building Brand: How Organizations Succeed by Creating Belonging by Carrie Mellisa Jones definition
- 03:45 The Standing On Giants name?
- 05:05 Isaac Newton famously said…
- 05:54 Community in a big corporate?
- 07:03 Clear Vision and purpose?
- 08:34 Playing a tiny part in changing business
- 09:10 Learning to exploit!?
- 09:50 Building the service offerings
- 11:30 Lightbulb moment!
- 12:15 What gets you a real community…
- 12:50 Your platform is not central to your uniqueness?
- 14:11 GiffGaff have a completely different customer engagement…
- 15:42 Why would people use you?
- 18:16 What does B Corps bring to you?
- 18:35 What to improve?
- 20:05 B Corps is a brilliant roadmap
- Develop skills around collective thinking – think beyond our personal self-interest
- Interacting with people – see through the words and behaviour to what need is not being met
28:10 Fact or Fake
- 50% of organisations say their branded community has helped to create new leads(FAKE)
- 90% of communities say that suggestions from the community have been used to improve products or services. (FACT)
- 58% of online communities say that their customers are more loyal to the brand because of their community. (FACT)
Find Robbie Hearn and Standing On Giants here: