Hello and welcome to our special series of Green Elephant interviews during March 2021, supporting the annual B Corps month.
B Corporations, or B Corps for short, are businesses that meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose
Throughout March, we are chatting with key people in companies which have chosen to certify as B Corps and become a Force for Good.
00:31 Interview with Richard Tang from Zen Internet
- 01:04 Blur or Oasis – Why ask?
- 01:39 Why set up an Internet Service Provider?
- 02:55 Subscription-based service was new in 1995
- 03:33 Major Challenges
- 04:50 Starting a different type of business
- 05:38 Overcoming the behemoth competition
- 05:46 The key to success…
- 06:35 The dangers of only thinking scale and cutting costs
- 07:42 Highly People Focused
- 08:10 Embraced the B Corps model
- 08:59 Clear business priorities
- 10:30 540 people in the company
- 12:00 Investments made are people-focused
- 12:30 Woven into decisions
- 13:15 Driving the ridiculous behaviours
- 13:49 Climate conscientious consumers
- 14:41 The change in buying decisions
- 16:00 What was your B Corp journey like?
- 16:32 B Corp is different from other standards
- 17:50 Real benefits of B Corp
- 19:42 A Motivating experience
- 20:30 Larger employer and the change experience
- 21:50 Carbon Neutral plus
- 22:00 Community action
- 23:06 Women in Tech Group
- 24:00 The B Corp community
- 24:25 Triodos Bank is a very good bank!
- 25:00 Becoming a challenger brand
- 26:25 Sustainable Financial Markets
- Choose to buy from B Corps – check the B Corp Directory
- When looking to buy something, ask yourself – Do you really need it? Will it make you happier?
00:00 Fact or Fake
- 82% of all Internet traffic is video? (FACT)
- 95 million photos are uploaded on Instagram every day. 50% of Instagram posts don’t get seen (FAKE)
- 100 Billion emails are sent out daily (FAKE)
- The richest 49 people in the world own the same amount of wealth as the poorest 3.8 billion (FAKE)
Find Richard Tang and Zen Internet here: