Hello and welcome to our special series of Green Elephant interviews during March 2021, supporting the annual B Corps month.
B Corporations, or B Corps for short, are businesses that meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose
Throughout March, we are chatting with key people in companies which have chosen to certify as B Corps and become a Force for Good.
00:35 Interview with Nora Livingstone from Animal Experience International
- 01:50 One of the few professionals whose qualifications match their job
- 02:30 Loved school but more curious than studious
- 03:11 The Canada effect
- 04:15 Anthropology and Environmental Studies
- 05:25 The move to create the company
- 05:50 What it looks like to die!
- 06:56 Kathmandu animal treatment centre
- 07:16 Communities not empowered
- 08: 24 Volunteering on my heart
- 09:10 Sometimes you have your blinders on…
- 09:55 When did you start the business?
- 10:13 Eight years as a B Corp
- 10:59 Found a best friend in B Corps
- 12:52 What are the highlights of your volunteering opportunities?
- 13:21 All destinations are tried and tested
- 14:56 The Last Wild Horses… in the world
- 15:16 BBC Planet Earth with Pallas Cats
- 16:18 5 Different Sea Turtle programmes
- 17:03 Orangutan Project
- 18:02 The best thing you can do…
- 19:28 The matchmaking process
- 20:01 Elephants poo a lot…
- 20:59 Be realistic about the experience
- 21:40 Being a hero
- 22:07 Managing mental health in the field
- 24:11 Culture shock is real
- 25:56 A poo free story?
- 28:10 Consent based volunteering
- 29:51 Is becoming a B Corp easy?
- 31:28 What do you value about B Corps?
- Almost every single animal centres in the world could do with virtual volunteers (like share posts on social)
- Everyone is living in nature – notice and look after your local wildlife
42:58 Fact or Fake
- There 10 million tourists (in a normal year) that take part in unethical animal-based tourism (FAKE)
- Elephants are domesticated animals like horses (FAKE)
- If the Largest countries had the biggest populations, then the Canadian population would fit into Portugal and the population of Canada would fit into Italy (FAKE)
- Ireland tops the table for the share of their population that volunteered for charity between 2009 and 2018 (FAKE)
Find Nora Livingstone and Animal Experience International here: