Hello and welcome to our special series of Green Elephant interviews during March 2021, supporting the annual B Corps month.
B Corporations, or B Corps for short, are businesses that meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose
Throughout March, we are chatting with key people in companies which have chosen to certify as B Corps and become a Force for Good.
00:31 Interview with Jamie Crummie from Too Good To Go
- 01:20 Why Food Waste?
- 02:08 Passion for Social Justice
- 02:20 Events and Human Rights…
- 04:05 A picture of food waste
- 06:07 Setup to be wasted
- 07:28 Dumpster diving
- 08:00 The miracle app!
- 08:20 ‘limited’ beginnings
- 09:20 How does it work?
- 10:21 Well known brand partners
- 11:53 You don’t always know what you’re going to get…
- 13:00 What’s the movement?
- 13:52 Improving food education
- 14:33 It’s about creating an environment…
- 15:19 What drew you to becoming a B Corp?
- 16:40 B Corps before becoming B
- 16:51 Assessment process?
- Reduce your food waste
- 1/3 of food produced is wasted (FACT)
23:26 Fact or Fake
- If food waste were a country, it would be the fourth-largest greenhouse gas emitter, behind China, the US and India. (FAKE)
- Half of all produce is thrown away in the US because it is deemed too “ugly” to eat (FACT)
- 47% of people don’t know the difference between “use by” and “best before” dates (FAKE)
Find Jamie Crummie and Too Good To Go here: