Hello and welcome to our special series of Green Elephant interviews during March 2021, supporting the annual B Corps month.
B Corporations, or B Corps for short, are businesses that meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose
Throughout March, we are chatting with key people in companies which have chosen to certify as B Corps and become a Force for Good.
00:35 Interview with James Bidwell from RE_SET (and Springwise)
- 01:28 How do you Agitate?
- 02:40 Evangelist?
- 03:40 Is there a resistance to the NOT profit first
- 05:16 Sustainability is not just about…
- 06:25 Is B Corps always the aim?
- 07:11 A little bit of politics
- 08:06 The Path to Circularity…
- 09:32 The Ellen MacArthur Foundation
- 09:44 The Path to Net Zero …
- 10:10 Making pledges is OK but…
- 11:08 Springwise the innovation platform
- 13:07 15 Innovations a week published
- 13:45 A great resource – free to use
- 14:00 A very nice gift
- 15:13 Is innovation speeding up or slowing down?
- 15:58 The COVID effect on innovation
- 17:17 Disruption wasn’t a word 5 years ago
- 17:53 Why the book – Disrupt!
- 19:30 Innovation in government?
- 20:18 Money wasted through COVID response
- 21:00 You’re a B Corp… why?
- 23:34 A Talent Magnet
- 24:18 A Great Community and parties!
- 25:48 The certification process and effort
- 27:03 We worked hard at it
- 28:24 Why do you value B Corps
- Shameless plug – Look at Springwise and get inspired
- Make a small difference every day – talk to children, walk and not drive, debate with others
33:37 Fact or Fake
- 50% of the UK public think business should have a legal responsibility to the planet and people alongside maximising profits (FAKE)
- In 2017, China was building 2 wind turbines every day! (FAKE)
Find James Bidwell and RE_SET and Springwise here: