Hello and welcome to our special series of Green Elephant interviews during March 2021, supporting the annual B Corps month.
B Corporations, or B Corps for short, are businesses that meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose
Throughout March, we are chatting with key people in companies which have chosen to certify as B Corps and become a Force for Good.
00:31 Interview with Ben Pecotich from Dynamic4
- 01:14 How do you find the time to do all you do?
- 02:01 All about social-environmental change
- 02:50 Any particular favourite on the society bit?
- 04:50 A varied background – the journey?
- 05:46 A jazz fan?
- 06:40 Came to the UK for the music and stayed for…
- 07:35 Always a social enterprise?
- 08:15 The original purpose(s)
- 09:06 The name Dynamic4?
- 10:18 “Coaching”, “digital”, “good” focuses
- 10:45 Human centred design?
- 12:01 Refining your language
- 13:18 Design means different things to different people
- 14:50 When does coaching come in?
- 16:35 Sustainable business model experience
- 17:20 Financially Sustainable
- 17:37 Socially sustainable
- 19:18 Environmentally sustainable
- 21:34 Formalising what we’re already doing using B Corp certification
- 23:54 What drove you to look at B Corps 9 years ago?
- 25:00 The size of the Australian community
- 26:35 If I’m a social enterprise, what can Dynamic4 do for me?
- 27:40 The JetPack model
- 28:38 Cutting through the noise
- 30:06 A key part is knowing when to stop and grieve
- Look for the B Corp Mark and learn more about them and see if you can vote with your wallet
Shameless pre-release plug: Solve Problems that Matter (Book under development)
38:20 Fact or Fake
- Almost half, 49%, of all social enterprises are ﬁve years old or less (FACT)
- 10% of social enterprises in the UK are led by women (FAKE)
- 40% of social enterprises in the UK are led by women
- Social entrepreneurs comprise 5% of all the entrepreneurs in the world (FACT)
Find Ben Picotich and Dynamic4 here: