Hello and welcome to our special series of Green Elephant interviews during March 2021, supporting the annual B Corps month.
B Corporations, or B Corps for short, are businesses that meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose
Throughout March, we are chatting with key people in companies which have chosen to certify as B Corps and become a Force for Good.
00:35 Interview with Andy Stephens from Cook
- 01:15 What nourishes your sustainability passion
- 01:48 Sustainability is about innovation?
- 02:44 Food waste, is it a hot potato?
- 04:10 The noise about packaging
- 05:40 People now comment on the packaging
- 06:18 B Corps aren’t perfect
- 07:25 Company Values are a joy…
- 08:44 The Times Top 100 companies to work for
- 09:02 Churchills pig!?
- 09:30 Transparent about what you do
- 10:45 Come and join the ‘gang’
- 11:15 Using the community
- 12:07 Generous initiatives – kindness fund
- 13:55 Random Act of Kindness
- 14:40 Why become a B Corp?
- 15:45 Found their Tribe
- 16:47 Was B Corps a walk in the park?
- 17:24 Use it as a benchmark… for free
- 17:45 What’s your role?
- 19:46 Try and be holistic and always learning
- 20:05 Difficult to be a B Corp without heart?
- 22:50 Why do you value the certification?
- Eat more vegetables and better vegetables – look for where you get your food
29:05 Fact or Fake
- It is estimated that 44 million tonnes of food is wasted by EU countries each year. The value of this wasted food equates to £76 billion each year. (FAKE)
- A Wrap study done in 2020 states that households waste 28% of the Fresh Veg & Salad that they buy (FACT)
- Roughly 1 quarter of the food produced that is intended for human consumption every year- around 1 billion tons and valued at USD$750 billion- is wasted or lost. This is enough to feed 2.5 billion people. (FAKE)
Find Andy Stephens and COOK Trading here: