Hello and welcome to our special series of Green Elephant interviews during March 2021, supporting the annual B Corps month.
B Corporations, or B Corps for short, are businesses that meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose
Throughout March, we are chatting with key people in companies which have chosen to certify as B Corps and become a Force for Good.
00:35 Interview with Amelia Gammon from Bide Planet
- 01:30 Elephant in the room – Behind the name
- 02:22 Launched formed as a B Corp
- 03:08 Difficult to form and be a B Corp?
- 05:07 Where did your sustainability drive come from?
- 06:28 Accidentally fell into marketing…
- 07:33 Elderly resident inspiration
- 08:55 Social Enterprise 101
- 10:17 There must be a profit to be a B Corp?
- 10:59 What is a Bide Box?
- 12:04 What is Working Chance?
- 13:00 Prejudice against women exiting the prison system…
- 13:30 Handmade?
- 14:38 The journey to focusing on cleaning products
- 16:20 The natural ingredient challenge
- 17:52 The one thing that drives me mad…
- 19:34 How toxic are cleaning fluids?
- 20:08 Why vegan?
- 20:40 Let’s talk packaging – love or loathe?
- 22:05 Most exciting packaging…
- 22:38 Zero waste is not a pipedream
- 23:24 Indiegogo campaign
- 26:24 Pending B Corp – what’s the value?
- Force yourself to smile when you feel miserable
- Whenever you go to do anything… is this the most sustainable version of this activity
30:20 Fact or Fake
- Demark is the cleanest country in the world (FACT)
- 58% of office workers will contract some form of contagious illness during their professional lives due to poor workplace sanitation (FAKE)
- 98% of office workers will contract some form of contagious illness during their professional lives due to poor workplace sanitation (FACT)
- 15% of men and 7% of ladies admitting not washing their hands at work after using the toilet, this perhaps isn’t such a shock after all! (Extra Info)
- Most cleaning products must be left on surfaces for at least 2 to 5 minutes before wiping away (FAKE)
- Most cleaning products must be left on surfaces for at least 30 to 60 seconds before wiping away (FACT)
- Ever heard of contact time? You’re probably not the only one. Essentially, it’s the amount of time a cleaning agent—a spray or a wipe, whatever you use, needs to be in contact with a surface in order to kill the bacteria, viruses, and other germs that may be present.
- (Extra) Cleaning will typically help you burn around 200 calories per hour… and it improves your mental health!
Find Amelia Gammon and Bide Planet (Bide Boxes) here:
Watch the video
We really hope that you’ve found this special B Corp Month episode both informative and entertaining. Make sure you don’t miss any of the 31 interviews with B Corporations who are striving to be a Force for Good.