The latest sustainability news, fun, facts and reviews from the Green Elephant for 5th May 2021.
01:31 Steep rise in profits for Amazon during COVID
08:52 G7 talks
12:16 The Top 11 Climate Actions of Joe Biden’s First 100 Days
15:10 Poland clinches ‘historic’ deal to phase out coal by 2049
15:45 Bolsonaro abandons enhanced Amazon commitment same day he makes it
16:58 Kindled by 2015 fires, Indonesia thinks big on forest protection
18:02 Record-Setting 81% of DuPont Shareholders Approve Plastics Pollution Proposal
19:20 Tesla’s Latest Solar Stumble: Big Price Increases
20:25 Salesforce Suppliers Must Maintain Sustainability Scorecard or Pay ‘Climate Remediation Fee’
21:30 PDK: the new plastic with indefinite recycling capabilities
22:29 Vertical wind turbines could make wind farms more efficient
23:29 Barcelona installs Spain’s first solar energy pavement
24:25 People of Color Breathe More Hazardous Air. The Sources Are Everywhere.
25:35 Golf and its Environmental Implications!
27:00 Video games get serious about climate change
29:04 Ethical Consumer
40:11 Fact or Fake?
- 31% of US consumers said addressing climate change was very or extremely important to them, compared to 73% of respondents from all other countries
- 48% of consumers surveyed trust corporate commitments on sustainability
- 55% of consumers said sustainability is very or extremely important to them when choosing a brand ‚Äì 22% higher than consumers surveyed pre-COVID-19 pandemic
43:20 Play Your Carbon Right
- Box of 6 large chicken eggs – more or less CO2e than:
- 1 litre (1.8 pints) of global average cow’s milk – more or less CO2e than:
- 10 inch pizza – Mighty Vegan (no cheese) delivered, on a scooter, from a shop 3 miles away – more or less CO2e than:
- 1 year’s consumption of bread for an average person
46:51 Musician Manu Delago embarks on a concert tour by bike
Thanks for listening to this weeks sustainability show!.
If you have any stories we should be discussing get in touch @greenelepod or email@example.com