Web Specialist with Gydeline
Gydeline is a different company. This is not 9-5. We will not tell you exactly what to do. You will however have the freedom to work in the way that suits you best and express your ideas and individuality. Our unique range of services in the sustainability space are growing quickly and we are looking for individuals that share our ethos and vision for a more balanced society.
Are you looking to develop your insights and skills in developing and managing websites? We want to create unique, engaging and entertaining experiences which make us stand apart and position Gydeline as a leader in the sustainability space.
As the full-time web specialist you will have responsibility for the maintenance, improvement & development of all our online stuff. You will be given freedom to express your ideas, suggest new ways forward and contribute to our strategy. Part development, part creative, part customer service this is a key role at the centre of our organisation.
The web specialist role
- Keep all of our web facing materials up to date
- Ensure that all our web content is brilliant
- Editing, updating and optimisation of content
- Optimise visual assets for maximum impact
- Testing of changes for functionality and customer delight
- Providing reports and insights that drive our strategy
- Develop yourself
Skills & Experience
Full training will be provided, but ideally you will have some of the following:
- Basic html/css skills
- Understanding/experience with WordPress
- Images/video editing
- Basic databases/excel manipulation
- You are hungry to learn quickly and use what you’ve learnt
- You’re not afraid to make mistakes – safe will not work here
- You communicate directly, openly and clearly
- You have high energy
- You share our desire to make an impact in the world
- You believe in yourself and think you can do
- You will stand out by being high quality, developing yourself, suggesting new stuff before it happens and doing the do
We are a very flexible organisation and in time this role can be based anywhere. During the initial stages however time will need to be spent at our office in St Austell, Cornwall to learn the role and culture of our organisation. You should therefore be based within easy commute of St Austell.
This role is part funded and therefore requires that applicants be aged between 16 and 24 and currently in receipt of Universal Credit.
What you'll get
- The kind of job flexibility and freedom you could only dream of in other organisation
- Access to our CARE ethos
- Better than average financial rewards
- Full-time position
- A share in our success
As a unique organisation our application process is a little different – we don’t need to see your CV or conduct an interview. The process is as follows:
- Submit the form below
- We’ll be in touch via email within 7 days to either let you know that you are not the right fit at this stage or to invite you for a brief online chat
- We’ll then ask you to complete a couple of simple tasks to see what you can do
- A brief chat over coffee will be followed by a job offer to the successful candidate